We have now published our Annual Report for 2015/16 – read the report here.
The report showcases a range of achievements ICHP has made in the last year, working collaboratively with our partners, patients, industry and social care.
Over 2015/16 we:
- Co-designed and implemented a new early intervention pathway for patients with psychosis, supporting the implementation of national waiting time targets. Patients are now seen within 2.2 weeks of referral; a reduction from the previous average of 7.7 weeks.
- Saved 762 bed days over a period of seven months by speeding up referrals into specialist services for patients with acquired brain injuries, resulting in efficiency savings of £168,000.
- Achieved a 50% decrease in the number of patients waiting at home for trauma surgery for more than 24 hours from ‘decision to operate’ to ‘actual date of surgery’.
- Launched a digital health institute for London (Digital Health.London) in partnership with the other London AHSNs, NHS England and MedCity. It has attracted £2 million of EU investment for its Accelerator programme which will support 30 healthcare companies over the next 12 months.
- Developed a programme for 32 senior NHS leaders and four patient representatives to establish a pioneering system-wide patient safety culture across all NWL NHS organisations.
- Co-designed a Quality and Patient Safety Champion Network for 35 service user representatives across North West London to promote patient involvement in patient safety and quality improvement across the sector.
- Developed 20 executives and senior clinical leaders from across four NHS trusts to develop innovation eco systems in their organisations to support the systematic adoption of innovation. The ‘Intrapreneur’ programme is now being rolled out across North West London and is also being adopted in Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust.
As relationships continue to strengthen across the sector and beyond, we look forward to another year of achievements as we work together to improve the quality, safety and efficiency of care for the benefit of patients across North West London.